I always enjoy a good cole slaw. Cole slaw is one of my favorite go to side/vegetable dishes. I have made it many ways, but I always use cabbage as the base. Recently as I was using the Zoodle maker to shred my red cabbage I decided to be more creative and add some other ingredients that I had on hand and see what kind of flavor profile I could get. I also had the notion to gently cook my slaw, which brings out more flavor and is easier on the digestive system. The flavor is complex and delicious. Cook just enough to retain the crunchiness of the cabbage.
Cole Slaw Salad
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1 ounce chopped parsley
- 1 root grated ginger
- 3 carrots carrots medium
- 1/2 onion white or red onion medium
- 2 stalks Green onions
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all vegetable ingredients and vinegars then toss like a salad. Add avocado oil and toss again. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy as is, or take one more step and lightly saute for 3-5 minutes.