Creamy Pumpkin Soup With Turmeric and Sage
Easy homemade pumpkin soup with herbs
- 3 lb Pie pumpkin Strings and seeds removed. I recommend tan pumpkins if you can find them.
- 1 T Ghee or EVOO
- 3 cups broth or stock bone broth, chicken stock, vegetable broth
- 1 med sweet onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or chopped
- 1 T sage leaves dried or fresh, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme leaves no stems
- 1 T turmeric
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 cup coconut creme
- Heat oven to 400F. Depending on size of pumpkin, cut into two or four pieces.
- Place pumpkin pieces cut side down onto shallow baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast pumpkin for 40-50 minutes or until texture is soft.
- Allow pumpkin to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Melt ghee in stock pot. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic, turmeric, sage and thyme and sauté for another 3 minutes while stirring.
- Scoop out pumpkin flesh and add to stockpot with onions, garlic and herbs. Add stock or broth and 1/2 cup coconut creme. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve in ceramic bowls. Drizzle with reserved coconut creme, sprinkle with dried or fresh sage.