Instant Pot Irish Stew
I originally saw a version of this recipe for a slow cooker on familyfreshmeals.com. I like the simplicity of the basic recipe and I made a few substitutions to make it 100% Paleo. The prep time is almost longer than the cooking time when using the Instant Pot. The first time I made this I ate 7 helpings for dinner.
- 1 1/2-2 lbs stew meat grass fed
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes organic
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce organic
- 2 cups sweet potatoes chopped with skin on
- 1 cups celery cut into about 1/2inch pieces
- 1 cup onion cut into about 1/2inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice 1 box
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sage dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- Brown stew meat in the bacon fat using the "saute" setting of Instant Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir to mix. Place lid on pot and set to pressure setting on top of lid.
- Press Meat/Stew button on Instant Pot. Timer will show 35. Leave it alone and go socialize or get some chores done.
- Allow pot to naturally de-pressurize for about 15 minutes. Open lid and serve in ceramic bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions, a slice of grass fed butter and a dash of cayenne pepper.