This is my favorite pesto so far. I could probably eat it everyday! I get a lot of compliments on this whenever I make it. One of the easiest and most versatile dishes to make.
Pesto made with a combination of cilantro and jalapeno peppers. Seeds and ribs are removed so heat level is tolerable.
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice lime can be substituted
- 4 units jalapeno peppers Always organic, medium, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- .5 tsp Pink Himalayan crystal salt or Celtic sea salt Or to taste
- .5 tsp fresh ground black pepper Or to taste
- Pour olive oil, nuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice into blender and pulse.
- Add jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Pulse blender until desired consistency.
- Using a spatula, transfer pesto to a medium size serving dish.
Consistency can be modified by adding or removing greens/olive oil, and or nuts. Grated cheese is sometimes added to this. Any green and/or nut can be substituted. Serve as a side or over meats or salads. This is very versatile. The oiliness makes dryer meats such as chicken breast and wild pork/venison, much more fun to eat.