Liverwurst made with Heart, aka "Heartwurst"
Variation of liverwurst. Versatile and sausage like. Can be made an unlimited number of ways. High protein, high fat. Muscle building recovery snack. Enjoy!Note: Alternatively, you can find the same in supplement form from Ancestral Supplements(https://tinyurl.com/ybpr7ubh). Use discount code "urbancarnivore" for a 10% discount.
- 1.5 lb Beef or venison heart typically 1/2 beef heart
- 4 oz Pastured or grass fed butter 1 stick softened at room temperature
- 1 t Herbs de provence Or preferred savory herb mixture
- 1 t Allspice
- 1/2 t Sea salt
- Chop heart meat and Lightly pan sear with a tablespoon of butter. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Grind meat in blender or food processor, low to medium speed to get a corse consistency.
- Using a spatula, transfer ground heart into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and hand-mix to form a dough like consistency.
- Transfer mixture to parchment paper and shape into a log shape.
- Roll mixture into a tube with the parchment paper, fold ends and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- After forming and chilling, unwrap and slice.
- Serve as a charcuterie meat or as a side dish.