Roasted Curry Sweet Potatoes and Garlic
A perfect natural carb made in a savory fashion. This is a good side to have with most any meat or bean dish. I have experimented with different spice combinations like rosemary, zaatar, paprika and it always comes out good.
- 4 med sweet potatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices and place in a large mixing bowl. Chop garlic and sprinkle over potato slices.
- Pour in oil of choice, sprinkle with salt, pepper, turmeric and curry powder.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl making sure potato slices are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Spread out slices onto a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until doneness is satisfactory.
These can be cooked slightly longer to crispy or just cooked until potatoes become soft. Note: Sweet potatoes in this picture are of the light color variety.