This is the perfect Wintertime hash. Nicely browned hearty root vegetables with plenty of “good grease”, topped with a dozen free range eggs. I recommend cooking just enough with the egg yolks runny so as to use as a gravy. and adding more moisture to the already greasy vegetables.
Root Vegetable And Mushroom Hash
- 3 T avocado oil
- 4-6 med carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes chopped,or 1 medium
- 1 med red onion chopped
- 2 cups button mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or chopped
- 1 t Chili Powder
- .5 t ground cumin
- .5 t smoked paprika
- .5 t course sea salt
- .5 t fresh ground black pepper
- 12 eggs free range eggs
- 2-3 T fresh cilantro chopped
- Set up for center rack and preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, carrots, sweet potaotoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt/pepper and spices.
- Toss all ingredients to coat well with oil and spices.
- Spread the vegetable mixture evenly on the parchment paper lined pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, make light indentations in the hash and break an egg into each indentation.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes to allow egg whites to set.